Klaster LIPTOV is a travel and tourism association of legal entities established with the purpose of making Liptov a travel and tourism destination recognized in Europe and with a strategic goal of making the number of visitors to the Liptov region double by 2013 (compared to 2007). The association was officially registered in 2008.
The tasks and conception of Klaster LIPTOV make it the Destination Management Organization – DMO). Towards its members and partners from the sphere of travel and tourism within the Liptov region it takes on the role of an official joint marketing and organizational centre and coordinates travel and tourism development on regional level, thus cultivating tourism in the region as an independent branch.
The founding members of Klaster LIPTOV are four most significant private sector entities in Liptov – Thermal Park Bešeňová, Aquapark Tatralandia, Jasná Nízke Tatry and Skipark Ružomberok and three towns – the town of Liptovský Mikuláš, the town of Liptovský Hrádok and the town of Ružomberok. All the founding members agreed on financing the association from fees for one visitor; in case of private sector subjects ‘a visitor as primary entry to the tourism centre ‘and in case of a town ‘a resident guest within the town’ after paying residence tax (spa tax).
Within the marketing activities Klaster LIPTOV concentrates on several segments – target groups. Apart from marketing aimed at increasing visitor rate, Klaster must also recruit new members, acquire new partners for its products, as well as go on lobbying at both regional and national level.
Goals and main activities of Klaster LIPTOV:
Klaster LIPTOV specific goals:
- targeted LIPTOV brand placement – necessary at both home and foreign markets,
- building up attractive product series and destination LIPTOV products,
- building a complex travel and tourism management system in the Liptov region (districts of Liptovský Mikuláš and Ružomberok) through the well-functioning regional organizational structure and through pro-active and open communication with loyal and potential visitors to Liptov.
Klaster Liptov as a marketing and organizational travel and tourism headquarters in the Liptov region performs the following activities:
- unites travel and tourism subjects involved in active travel and tourism in the Liptov region,
- builds up joint travel and tourism marketing and travel and tourism products offer at the regional level in LIPTOV, including active participation in travel and tourism exhibitions and fairs,
- builds up positive travel and tourism image in Liptov,
- supports and directs efficient territorial organizational travel and tourism structure in Liptov,
- secures active experience, innovations and know-how transfer into the attractions in the Liptov region,
- secures professional analyses and studies, follows market statistics and evaluates trends,
- coordinates the joint procedures in legislation amendments concerning travel and tourism or affecting travel and tourism,
- creates professional background for self-administration and entrepreneurs in travel and tourism,
- carries out joint investment and non-investment projects and promotes participation in cross-boarder projects,
- enhances the human resources quality in travel and tourism through educational system coordination,
- promotes and organizes cultural and sports events with the aim of increasing the visitor rate in the region.
Marketing activities - Klaster LIPTOV in 2010:
Selection of the most significant marketing activities of Klaster LIPTOV in 2010:
Workshops, travel and tourism exhibitions and fairs: the Slovak Republic (SR), the Czech Republic (CR), Poland, Russia (19 events)
Press – advertising: SR, CR, Poland – in 18 different periodicals of circulation of over 2.2 million – plus 0.8 million issues of the JASNÁ Nízke Tatry insert leaflet.
Articles in periodicals: regular articles and news
Radio and television: news, interviews, spots (TV Liptov, Markíza, Fun Radio, STV 1 and 2)
Newsletter: sent on regular basis through the Central Reservation System three times a year; the CRS database of 6000 addresses.
Seasonal promoting materials: placed in information centres, accommodation facilities, commercial facilities, through the activities of the self-governing region (VUC) of Žilina and the SACR foreign representations, distribution at home and foreign fairs, workshops, info-trips.
Own published printed matters:
SUMMER 2010: Guide to discovering Liptov, summer 2010 with a leaflet, posters and stickers
WINTER 2010-2011: Guide to discovering Liptov, winter 2010-2011 with a leaflet, posters and stickers; the Home Book, a Map, promotion materials in cooperation with Zakopane
A brochure in cooperation with Zakopane – inofmats, posters and maps
Operating of the www.visitliptov.sk website: 6-fold increase, new visual, the Internet campaign in the SR, CR and Poland (Ad-word, Sklik, Facebook), references to the www.visitliptov.sk website within the home and foreign search engines, web references at the partners. Total number of displays during the period from 1 January to 31 December 2010: 302, 946 (2009: 98, 430 displays); in the summer a record was achieved – 3, 700 displays/day, total visit rate during the summer season from 15 June to 31 August 2010 was 154, 000 displays.
Taking on 13 new members and negotiations with potential Klaster Liptov members
Regular meetings with accommodation providers - Liptovský Mikuláš 3x, Liptovský Hrádok 3x, Ružomberok 3x
Rewarding the best Liptov Region Card sellers – Aquapark Tatralandia, 17 June 2010; Tri Studničky**** hotel in Demänovská dolina, 9 November 2010
Regular quarterly meetings with the VUC, SACR, the Ministry of Culture and Tourism representatives; participating in travel and tourism conferences, etc. (13 events)